Sunday 7 November 2010

Website proposal

I decided to create a logo and website for a nonexistent shop witch will be selling electrical devices such as computers, computer parts, software, TVs, mobile phones, video games and also this shop will be offering personal computers and laptops repair. For this website i will try to find a computer shop wich would allow me to take photographs of their sold products if not iam gona use images from internet and there also is a possibility that in class we will be looking in insides of computers so i would take photos of computer parts like ram, video card, hard drive.
To create website for this shop i will analyze existing shop's website and later on its logo.
I chose to analyze shop's website called microdirect. In my opinion this website looks a little bit old fashioned but its really easy to use and I think that for website most important thing is to be user friendly even though it also has to be appealing to the eye. It has search engine with a few options. You can select to search for a product in whole website or in a specific categories like computers, monitors, software etc. Another search option is that you can search for your product by the brand.
Website also has easy to use layout. There are three different ways you can find product that you want.
1. Search engine

2. Categories bar. you can put your mouse on any of the categories and subcategories will show up.

3. Layout of all categories and subcategories with a few images of products.


Logo of this shop is entirely typographic. It looks plain and simple but i think it matches website's old fashioned look even though i don't think its really memorable.
After much thinking I decided to change the idea of my website. I decided to create news website which will be providing latest news about sport. Website will be focused on basketball tennis and football news. I am going to use internet photography resources for this website and also create images myself with using adobe flash and adobe photoshop. I will probably use a few features of website that I have researched but I will try to be as original as posible.

No comments:

Post a Comment